Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Existence of True and Endless Love

In this generation, where separation, annulment and divorce are as easy as getting married.
Many couples nowadays are struggling hard to survive their marriage and getting through everyday obstacles for some is really a challenge.


But not my grandparents, last Sunday 27th of November they celebrated their 54th Wedding Anniversary.
They are my father's parents, I went there with my whole family to celebrate. 


                                         My Lolo and Lola,     November 27,2011


I saw them laughed and whispering to each other like they were a newly wed couple.
It was really amusing to see your grandparents showing affection and treating each other the same way as you saw them 20 years or plus ago.
Then suddenly I figured it out, it's the connection that made them compatible.
They were like best of friends!







My grandfather had a stroke a few years ago you can barely understand what he's trying to say and he can no longer walk. But taking care of him was never a burden to my grandmother, one look and she can tell what my grandfather wants or need. 
The couple just humbly shows the world that taking care for each other is not a burden to carry, but a privilege not everybody can achieve, yet, still possible to have.
It was really amazing, I really admire their love for each other. 
They are one of the proof that true love exists and they also reminds me of Adam Sandler's song, Grow old with you...


"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad 
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad 
Oh all I wanna do is grow old with you 
I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches 
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks 
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you 
I'll miss you 
Kiss you 
Give you my coat when you are cold 
Need you 
Feed you

I wanna do is grow old with you  "


The next morning, I'm on my way to my work in Manila. 
I had a text message from my sister that my grandfather passed away, a day after their 54th Wedding Anniversary.
According to my grandma, my grandpa died in her arms while they're on their way to the hospital and he passed away at the age of 75.


It was really painful but we know he's in a better place with our Almighty.
We will miss you Tatay, may you rest in peace and thank you for everything! 



"The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart." 
- by Helen Keller.



xoxo



BarbieJhaki













No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...